CVMA Certified Veterinary Assistant Program
The CVMA is pleased to offer its Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVMA CVA) program to California veterinary hospitals, high schools, regional occupational programs, and technical colleges.
The CVMA CVA program emphasizes basic training and skills in a variety of areas, including medical care, client communication and practice safety through online learning and experience in the practice. Students in the program acquire their online education along with in-hospital practical experience and skills assessment under the supervision of licensed veterinarians and RVTs who serve as mentors and program advisors before they go on to take their final examination for certification.
– High-quality training on a flexible schedule.
– Improved patient care.
– Up to 20 staff members obtain access to the CVMA CVA curriculum and more than 1,000 training videos from ACT in both English and Spanish closed captioning.
– Interactive format allows mentors to easily track the progress of veterinary assistants.
– Multiple staff members can enroll in the program at the same time, each working at their own pace.
– Reduced turnover by creating career opportunities, not just jobs.
© 2017 California Veterinary Medical Association