AAHA & Cedar Valley College’s RVT Distance Learning Program (DEVTP)
The American Animal Hospital Association’s (AAHA) and Cedar Valley College’s (CVC) Distance Education Veterinary Technology Program (DEVTP)
Cedar Valley College (CVC) and the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) have made remarkable progress in the development and implementation of this truly unique educational experience, now offering 27 veterinary technology courses three times per year.
DEVTP became accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) in 2001 and is one of only eight distance veterinary technology education programs to receive this distinction. The process of accreditation ensures that DEVTP meets standards for a sound scientific curriculum, financial standing of the institution, accreditation of the institution by higher education agencies, ethics, physical facilities and equipment, adequate library facilities, and faculty.
Distance learning is today’s solution to the conflicting needs of balancing personal goals and improving professional standing. Distance learning is defined as any learning that takes place while the instructor and student are geographically separate from each other. DEVTP’s curriculum combines faculty input through electronic communication, workbooks, textbooks, videos and in-clinic exercises to make the educational experience hands-on, flexible and more powerful than traditional classroom programs.
- Specialized General Education courses that apply directly to veterinary medicine
- Core content that focuses on an advanced education in pharmacy and pharmacology, surgical preparation and assistance, animal nursing, radiology and ultrasound, and laboratory and examination procedures
- Multimedia courses that combine workbooks, textbooks, videos, Internet assignments, and in-clinic exercises
- Flexible scheduling designed specifically for working adults to relieve the stress of commuting or altering work and family life to accommodate classes
- Optimal student-teacher contact with professors that are available by fax, phone or email for questions and support
Employees of CVMA members receive a $50 discount (off of AAHA non-member rate) per course for 21 of 27 courses.
© 2020 California Veterinary Medical Association