Yosemite Lodging Information
March 13-15, 2020
The seminar hotel is the Yosemite Valley Lodge located in Yosemite Valley. The CVMA has guest rooms held for our group at the Yosemite Valley Lodge and the Ahwahnee Hotel. Rooms are limited, so book yours early. Once our room block is sold out, attendees will have to book rooms at hotels outside the park.
Two ways to make reservations:
- By phone at 888-413-8869. Reservation agents are available 7 days a week from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM (MST)
- Online reservations: www.travelyosemite.com
Use Group Code 1247HA when making your reservations.
- Yosemite Valley Lodge:
- $170 Thursday night (plus applicable taxes)
- $210/night Friday and Saturday (plus applicable taxes)
- The Ahwahnee Hotel:
- $365 Thursday night (plus applicable taxes)
- $405/night Friday and Saturday (plus applicable taxes)
Reservation deadline is February 12, 2020 or when rooms sell out, whichever comes first.
National Park policy:
- Pets are not allowed on property.
- Above guest room rates do not include 12 percent occupancy tax plus 1 percent county tax, and $2.00 Yosemite conservancy fee.
- Please note that all rates are subject to change pending approval from the National Park Service.
The room rate is based on single or double occupancy. There is no charge for children 12 and under staying in the same room.
SPECIAL ROOM RATE IS AVAILABLE FOR SEMINAR ATTENDEES ONLY. There is a two-room limit per registered attendee. If you need additional rooms, please contact Della Yee (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the CVMA office to be added to a wait list. You will be notified of availability after January 30, 2020.
Hotel reservation policies and Yosemite Information:
- Cancellations/Change Policy: All individual guest room reservations must be cancelled/changed six days prior to arrival date to assure refund of deposit. Cancellations made within six days of arrival will forfeit one night’s stay (room, tax, and fee).
- Incidentals: All guests will be required to check-in and provide a credit card or cash deposit for incidentals.
- Check-in & Check-Out Times:
- Yosemite Valley Lodge: Check in is at 4:00 PM and check-out is at 11:00 AM
- The Ahwahnee Hotel: Check in is at 4:00 PM and check-out is at 12:00 PM
- Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room: Individual dinner reservations are advised and may be made up to one year in advance by calling (209) 372.1489 or online via OpenTable. Proper attire is kindly requested for dinner. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and a shirt with a collar, and women are asked to wear a dress, skirt, or long pants with a blouse. Please refrain from wearing shorts, T-shirts, tank tops, flip-flops, and baseball caps. Children over the age of four are asked to dress for the occasion as well. Breakfast, brunch, and lunch are always casual.
- Park Entrance Fee: There is a $35.00 entrance fee per vehicle collected by the National Park Service at park entrance stations. Gasoline is no longer available in Yosemite Valley however, it is available at service stations near park entrances and in Yosemite National Park at Crane Flat and Wawona, as well as Tuolumne Meadows seasonally.
- Road & Weather Information: Please call (209) 372.0200 for road and weather information prior to your arrival. It is STRONGLY recommended that you carry tire chains in your vehicle between October through April. You must have chains when entering a chain control area even if you are driving a four-wheel drive or rental vehicle. Please keep in mind that chains are dependent on the weather condition and not time of year.
- Other Precautions: Please do not leave food or scented items in your vehicle after dark. Bears are attracted to food and scented items such as cosmetics, toiletries, as well as empty food and beverage containers. Food can be stored in hotel rooms and hard-sided cabins, provided that windows are closed when room is unoccupied by guests.
© 2020 California Veterinary Medical Association