Online Seminar: Menacing Methicillin-Resistant Staph: Getting Under the Skin, How to Manage and Prevent Bacterial Resistance, December 1 & 7, 2021
CVMA Online Seminars are convenient interactive presentations offering CEUs held online in real-time. This learning platform allows you to participate from anywhere with internet access—from your practice, your home, or anywhere you have an internet connection. Attending is as easy as a few mouse clicks. You will only need internet access and either an audio headset or a telephone.
This seminar is open to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, veterinary hospital staff, and veterinary students only.
With the increase in antibiotic resistance in both humans and animals, especially methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus, we need to be better stewards of antibiotics while still treating pyodermas. In this course, we will discuss when to perform cultures and sensitivities, appropriate antibiotic usage, and alternatives to oral antibiotics to treat resistant infections.
This webinar is geared for small animal practitioners.
This course satisfies the one hour of California CE requirement on the judicious use of medically important antimicrobial drugs.
Andrea Cannon, DVM, DACVD
Dr. Andrea Cannon received her DVM degree from UC Davis in 1993 and completed a residency in veterinary dermatology in 1996. She owned Animal Dermatology & Allergy, Inc. until July of 2021 and is now working in Boise, Idaho. Dr. Cannon is a full member of the American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology. She has co-authored several articles and has spoken at numerous lectures, presentations, and conferences throughout the United States and abroad.
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 | 5:30 PM – 6:45 PM
Registration, cancellation, and substitution deadline: November 26, 2021
Tuesday, December 7, 2021 | 12:30 PM – 1:45 PM
Registration, cancellation, and substitution deadline: December 2, 2021
|DVM: $60||DVM: $120|
|RVT/Veterinary Staff: $40||RVT/Veterinary Staff: $80|
|DVM/RVT Student: $25||DVM/RVT Student: $25|
3 ways to register:
- Register Online
- Download the PDF form for faxing or mailing
- Call 800.655.2862 to register by phone
This course qualifies for 1.5 hours of interactive learning. Each paid registrant will be allowed access via one phone line and one log-in and will receive a certificate upon completion. When you register, a URL will be sent to the registered attendee email with login information on how to begin the webinar. CVMA reserves the right to invoice those individuals and/or organizations that are logged in or connected from telephone numbers that don’t correspond to a paid registration.
Attendee confirmation and handouts will be emailed one week prior to the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive either, please contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862.
Login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive your login, please contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862.
If multiple registrants intend to view the online seminar together under one log-in, please contact the CVMA office for an attendance form at 800.655.2862 or email email@example.com.
Rules and Regulations
Cancellation/Refund Policy: All cancellation requests must be made in writing and submitted by fax, email, or regular mail no later than the date advertised above to receive a full refund, less a 10 percent administration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after the above cancellation date.
Attn: Meetings & Events Department
California Veterinary Medical Association
1400 River Park Dr, Ste 100
Sacramento, CA 95815
By fax: 916.646.9156
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the attendee only and login/passwords provided by CVMA should not be shared with others; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by pre-registration only.
- Attendee confirmation and handouts will be emailed one week prior to the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive either, please contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862.
- Login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive your login, please contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862.
- Course materials provided by CVMA is for use by the registered attendee only and should not be reproduced or shared with others.
- The virtual platform CVMA uses allows audio, documents, materials, chat and Q & A exchanged or viewed during the session may be recorded. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings.
- CVMA and its service provider of audio and online conferencing services are not responsible for unauthorized access to such information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures.
If you have any questions, please call the CVMA office at 800.655.2862.
© 2021 California Veterinary Medical Association