Online Seminar: Livestock Antimicrobial Stewardship, November 4, 2020
CVMA Online Seminars are convenient interactive presentations offering CEUs held online in real-time. This learning platform allows you to participate from anywhere with internet access—from your practice, your home, or anywhere you have an internet connection. Attending is as easy as a few mouse clicks. You will only need internet access and either an audio headset or a telephone.
The CDFA’s Antimicrobial Use and Stewardship team will cover concepts veterinarians should consider for the judicious use of antimicrobials in livestock. This presentation features stewardship best management practices, research-based resources for the proper use of medically important antimicrobial drugs.
This course fulfills the continuing education antimicrobial stewardship requirement for California license renewal.
Marissa Silva, MVB
Dr. Silva has been working on the Stewardship team of the California Department of Food and Agriculture’s Antimicrobial Use and Stewardship (AUS) program since 2017. AUS is tasked with the assessment, education, and enforcement of antimicrobial use for livestock in California. Dr. Silva speaks with youth, livestock producers, and veterinarians about methods to improve their use of antibiotics and ways to reduce disease incidence on farms. She received her veterinary degree from University College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland.
Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | 3:00 PM – 4:15 PM
Registration, cancellation, and substitution deadline: October 26, 2020
|DVM: $60||DVM: $120|
|RVT/Veterinary Staff: $40||RVT/Veterinary Staff: $80|
|DVM/RVT Student: $25||DVM/RVT Student: $25|
Registration is closed.
This course qualifies for 1.5 hours of interactive learning. Each paid registrant will be allowed access via one phone line and one log-in and will receive a certificate upon completion. When you register, a URL will be sent to the registered attendee email with login information on how to begin the webinar. CVMA reserves the right to invoice those individuals and/or organizations that are logged in or connected from telephone numbers that don’t correspond to a paid registration.
If multiple registrants intend to view the online seminar together under one log-in, please contact the CVMA office for an attendance form at 800.655.2862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendee confirmation and handouts will be emailed one week prior to the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive either, please contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862.
Login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive your login, please contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862.
Rules and Regulations
Cancellation/Refund Policy: All cancellation requests must be made in writing and submitted by fax, email, or regular mail no later than the date advertised above to receive a full refund, less a 10 percent administration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after the above cancellation date.
Attn: Meetings & Events Department
California Veterinary Medical Association
1400 River Park Dr, Ste 100
Sacramento, CA 95815
By fax: 916.646.9156
By email: email@example.com
- The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the attendee only and login/passwords provided by CVMA should not be shared with others; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by pre-registration only.
- Course materials provided by CVMA is for use by the registered attendee only and should not be reproduced or shared with others.
- Attendee confirmation and handouts will be emailed one week prior to the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive either, please contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862.
- Login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. If you did not receive your login, please contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862.
- The virtual platform CVMA uses allows audio, documents, materials, chat and Q & A exchanged or viewed during the session may be recorded. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings.
- CVMA and its service provider of audio and online conferencing services are not responsible for unauthorized access to such information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures.
If you have any questions, please call the CVMA office at 800.655.2862.
© 2020 California Veterinary Medical Association