Online Seminar: Sexual Harassment Prevention Education and Training – February 16, 2021
CVMA Online Seminars are convenient interactive presentations offering CEUs held in real-time. This learning platform allows you to participate from anywhere with internet access—from your practice, your home, or anywhere you have an internet connection. Attending is as easy as a few mouse clicks. You will only need internet access and either, computer audio, a headset, or a telephone.
This seminar is open to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, veterinary hospital staff, and veterinary students only.
Employers with five or more employees must provide sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention training for all employees by January 1, 2021, and every two years thereafter. New supervisory employees must still be trained within six months of assuming their supervisory position and new non-supervisory employees must be trained within six months of hire. Temporary, seasonal, and other employees hired to work less than six months also require this training within 30 calendar days after the hire date or within 100 hours worked, whichever comes first.
We understand the strain this training requirement might put on staffing, so we offering the webinar on two different dates and times for your convenience.
The first hour of the webinar will be for all employees (supervisors and non-supervisors). There will be a 15-minute break followed by the second hour of the webinar for supervisors only so that they receive a full two hours of training.
- Registered attendees may participate in the webinar as an individual or as a group under a single login.
- Supervisor registered attendees will receive 2 units of CE credit, and
- Non-supervisor registered attendees will receive 1 unit of CE credit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Sexual Harassment Training Registration and Attendance Procedures FAQs
- Mandatory Sexual Harassment Training Legal Requirements FAQs
Stephen Marmaduke, Esq.
Wilke Fleury LLP
Mr. Marmaduke is a partner at the Sacramento law firm of Wilke Fleury LLP. His experience includes legal issues related to veterinary practices, employment law, and general business matters.
Date and Time
Registration, cancellation, and substitution deadline: February 9, 2021
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
« Non-supervisors: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
« Supervisors: 5:00 PM – 7:15 PM
|Supervisor: $35||Supervisor: $60|
|Non-supervisor: $20||Non-supervisor: $20|
3 ways to register:
- Register Online
- Download the PDF form for faxing or mailing
- Call 800.655.2862 to register by phone
If viewing as a group under one login, fill out the PDF form below:
This course qualifies for interactive learning CE.
- Each individual registrant and each primary contact with a registered group will receive an email with login information.
- Each paid attendee will receive a certificate of completion and a CE certificate.
- For groups, certificates of completion templates and a CE certificate will be sent to the group’s primary contact for completion and distribution to group attendees.
- Attendee confirmation and handouts will be emailed one week prior to the scheduled conference date and login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. It is the responsibility of the registered attendee to contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862 if login information is not received.
- Login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. It is the responsibility of the registered attendee to contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862 if login information is not received.
Rules and Regulations
Cancellation/Refund Policy: All cancellation requests must be made in writing and submitted by fax, email, or regular mail no later than the date advertised above to receive a full refund, less a 10 percent administration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after the above cancellation date.
Attn: Meetings & Events Department
California Veterinary Medical Association
1400 River Park Dr, Ste 100
Sacramento, CA 95815
By fax: 916.646.9156
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the attendee only and login/passwords provided by CVMA should not be shared with others; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar entry is by pre-registration only.
- Course materials provided by CVMA is for use by the registered attendee only and should not be reproduced or shared with others.
- Attendee confirmation and handouts will be emailed one week prior to the scheduled conference date. If you do not receive either, please contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862
- Login information will be emailed one day before the scheduled conference date. If you do not receive your login, please contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862
- The virtual platform CVMA uses allows audio, documents, materials, chat and Q & A exchanged or viewed during the session may be recorded. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings.
- CVMA and its service provider of audio and online conferencing services are not responsible for unauthorized access to such information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures.
If you have any questions, please call the CVMA office at 800.655.2862.