2022 CVMA Internship/Residency Program Information

Temporary licensure is no longer available in California due to the elimination of the veterinary state licensing exam.

Question: I want to participate in an internship or residency program in California, but I can no longer obtain a temporary license. What can I do?
Answer: All individuals who would have met the requirements to obtain a temporary license pursuant to BPC section 4848.3 will meet the requirements for a permanent license without the direct supervision of a California licensee. If you have graduated from a Board recognized veterinary college, passed the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE),submitted fingerprints, and passed the national and California law examinations, simply complete a veterinarian application through the California Veterianry Medical Board’s BreEZe system.

Due to recent changes to California state law, the CVMA is no longer accepting applications.

2021/2022 Approved Providers 

© 2022 California Veterinary Medical Association

Upcoming CVMA CE

CVMA Member Mobile App

With the CVMA mobile app, members can access instant legislative updates, CE offerings, regulatory information, and more! Read More...

Cannabis and Pets

View more information on this important topic by clicking on the links below.

Join the CVMA

As a CVMA member, you’ll have access to outstanding benefits and services.

View the benefits of membership »