Outstanding RVT of the Year Award – Private Practice Criteria & Nomination Form
The CVMA recognizes the significant role of Registered Veterinary Technicians in the veterinary profession through the presentation of this award. Nominee will possess outstanding professional ability including his/her educational achievements, individual contributions, professional affiliations and special experience that sets them apart from others.
- Nominee must be a CVMA member (membership application may accompany this packet)
- Nominator must be a CVMA member (membership application may accompany this packet)
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination form (click on link below)
- Personal narrative from the nominee (not to exceed 500 words)
- Current CV of candidate that includes:
- Experience, including time in the profession and level of responsibility
- List of formal education and continuing education attended (including dates of attendance)
- Degrees, specialties and certificates
- Professional association membership and involvement.
- Individual contributions to community, non-profit affiliations and involvement in animal-related activities or organizations, i.e. wildlife care, humane societies, etc.).
- Any special achievements not covered above, particularly those that are above and beyond the candidate’s job duties.
- Letters of recommendation (one from the nominator, and up to three from co-workers, clients, allied health professionals) that includes an evaluation of the candidate’s commitment to the profession and to the cooperative work environment.
NOMINATIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS.
Presentation of the award shall be made during the CVMA’s Installation and Awards Ceremony at the annual Pacific Veterinary Conference in June/July.
Please fill out the form and submit to the CVMA. Nomination form must be received in the CVMA office before January 10.
© 2017 California Veterinary Medical Association