Animal Hall of Fame Award Criteria & Nomination Form
Celebrates the companion and working animals of California and the veterinarians who care for them. The winning animal is inducted into the CVMA Animal Hall of Fame and the care provider receives a plaque. The living animal must reside in California. The nomination must be made with the owner’s permission by a Constituent VMA, a veterinary professional, a humane society, SPCA, or other animal care agency.
- The nominated animal must be living and reside in California.
- Nominations are to be made by a veterinarian or a client through a veterinarian (Veterinarian need not be a member of CVMA), by a humane society, SPCA, or other animal care agency in California, or by a constituent veterinary association. The nomination must include a veterinarian’s endorsement if not made by a veterinarian.
- Nominee must be a living animal of any domesticated species, which through unselfish and courageous accomplishments exemplifies the affection, loyalty, security, and value of the human animal bond.
- Nominations will be placed in a pool for three years from the date they were received
- The winning animal and it’s owner must be available for the induction ceremonies and installation program at the annual CVMA meeting where they will be hosted by CVMA
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination form (see below)
- One 8 x 10 photograph of the nominated animal (preferably digital)
- Minimum of two or more letters supporting the nomination, not to exceed five letters, including one letter from a veterinarian
- Relevant published material about the nominee (newspaper or magazine articles), not to exceed five pages. Internet hyperlinks, video/audio acceptable.
Presentation of the award shall be made during CVMA’s Installation and Awards Ceremony at the annual Pacific Veterinary Conference in June/July.
All submitted material becomes the property of the CVMA and will not be returned.
NOMINATIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS. Please fill out the form and submit it with your nomination packet by January 15. You may submit your packet by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to: CVMA, 1400 River Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95815.
© 2021 California Veterinary Medical Association