Dan Evans Memorial Award Criteria & Nomination Form
This award is presented to a CVMA member Equine Veterinarian who has been, or is, active in organized veterinary medicine on the local and state or national levels, has made significant contributions to the field, and is exemplary in community involvement.
- The recipient of the award must be a CVMA member Equine Veterinarian
- Must have a minimum of 20 Years of Practice in Equine Veterinary Medicine
- Must have been, or be, active in organized veterinary medicine on the local and state, or national levels: i.e.: serving as chair on committees or as an officer of a major organization
- The recipient should set an example to those entering the field of Equine Veterinary Medicine, and be a positive influence on others
- Shall have made significant contributions to the Equine Veterinary Medical field
- Shall be exemplary in community involvement
- Nominator must be a CVMA member
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
Nominations must include the following:
- List of activities in organized veterinary medicine on various levels: (local, state, national or as an officer of a major organization)
- Examples showing nominee has had position influence on others and those entering equine veterinary medicine
- List of contributions nominee has made to the equine veterinary medical field
- Account of exemplary community involvement
- Three letters supporting the nomination
- One good quality photograph of the nominated person (preferably digital)
Presentation of the award shall be made during the CVMA’s Installation and Awards Ceremony at the annual Pacific Veterinary Conference in June/July.
Please fill out the form and submit to the CVMA. Nomination form must be received in the CVMA office before January 10.
© 2018 California Veterinary Medical Association