Linda Markland RVT of the Year Award – Non-Private Practice Criteria & Nomination Form
The CVMA recognizes the significant role of Registered Veterinary Technicians in non-private practice in the veterinary profession through the presentation of this award. Nominee will possess outstanding professional ability including his/her educational achievements, individual contributions, professional affiliations and special experience that sets them apart from others.
- Nominee must be a CVMA member (membership application may accompany this packet).
- Nominator must be a CVMA member (membership application may accompany this packet).
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination form (click on link below)
- Personal narrative from the nominee (not to exceed 500 words)
- Current CV of candidate that includes:
- Experience, including time in the profession and level of responsibility
- List of formal education and continuing education attended (including dates of attendance)
- Degrees, specialties and certificates
- Professional association membership and involvement
- Individual contributions to community, non-profit affiliations and involvement in animal-related activities or organizations, i.e. wildlife care, humane societies, etc.)
- Any special achievements not covered above, particularly those that are above and beyond the candidate’s job duties
- Letters of recommendation (one from the nominator, and up to three from co-workers, clients, allied health professionals) that includes an evaluation of the candidate’s commitment to the profession and to the cooperative work environment.
- One photograph of the nominated person (preferably digital)
NOMINATIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS.
Presentation of the award shall be made during the CVMA’s Installation and Awards Ceremony at the annual Pacific Veterinary Conference in June/July.
© 2020 California Veterinary Medical Association