Meritorious Service Award Criteria & Nomination Form
The Meritorious Service Award honors an individual or group who has provided extraordinary service on behalf of animals, the veterinary profession, or people who celebrate the human-animal bond in California. Nominees for this award should be from one of the following groups:
- Media demonstrating a commitment to coverage of veterinary or human/animal bond-related stories
- A special program or service offered by a veterinary group or clinic that received media attention
- A group, organization, or individual that led an activity to improve the bond between humans and animals in California
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
Nomination criteria for one of the types of service listed above is as follows:
- Nominated media group, veterinary group, organization, or individual must be based in California
- Nominations will be accepted from CVMA committees, veterinarians, humane societies, SPCA’s, or other animal care agencies in California, or by constituent veterinary associations
- The winner will be recognized at the Awards Ceremony at the Pacific Veterinary Conference
- Nominations will be placed in a pool for three years from the date they were received
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination form including a description of the program or event being recognized.
- Minimum of two letters of evaluation for nomination, not to exceed five letters.
- One photograph of the nominated person (preferably digital)
- Relevant published material about the nominee (newspaper or magazine articles), not to exceed five pages. Internet hyperlinks, video/audio acceptable.
Presentation of the award shall be made during the CVMA’s Installation and Awards Ceremony at the annual Pacific Veterinary Conference in June/July.
NOMINATIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS.
© 2021 California Veterinary Medical Association