RVT’s Outstanding DVM of the Year Award Criteria & Nomination Form
The Recipient of this award will posses qualities that exemplify a progressive veterinarian that utilizes his/her RVTs and staff to their fullest potential and distinguishes the importance of an educated, certified, professional technical staff. Encouragement and support of certified RVTs, teaching, work environment, and high quality veterinary medicine will be weighed heavily. Recipient and nominators must be CVMA members.
- An RVT must make the nominations for this award.
- Recipient and nominators must be CVMA members (membership applications may accompany this packet).
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination form (see below)
- A personal narrative by the nominee is required, covering how registered veterinary technicians are involved in, and benefit, the animal health care profession (not to exceed 500 words).
- Current CV of candidate.
- Letters of recommendation. One from the nominator and up to three additional letters (a minimum of two from RVTs – the third letter may be from veterinarians, co-workers, and allied health professionals) that include an evaluation of the candidate’s commitment to the veterinary technology profession.
- Professional contribution to the development of RVTs and staff, including mentoring and teaching activities, full utilization of RVTs, commitment to continuing education for RVTs, commitment to the team approach to health care, and commitment to the practice of high quality medicine.
- Contributions to the community, professional associations and the promotion of the RVT profession and career path
- Any special achievements not covered above, particularly those that are above and beyond the candidate’s job duties
NOMINATIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS.
Presentation of the award shall be made during the CVMA’s Installation and Awards Ceremony at the annual Pacific Veterinary Conference in June/July.
Please fill out the form and submit to the CVMA. Nomination form must be received in the CVMA office before January 10.
© 2018 California Veterinary Medical Association