Outstanding Service Award Criteria & Nomination Form
The CVMA Outstanding Service Award is designed to honor those that have been an excellent representative of the profession through active community involvement and/or veterinary service. This includes involvement in veterinary and/or non-veterinary groups and associations.
- Must be a member of CVMA for the past 10 years or more
- Nominators must be CVMA members
- Self-Nominations will not be accepted
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination form accompanied by a petition signed by five colleagues of the nominee who have been members in good standing of the Association for the preceding ten or more years.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation detailing this individual’s community involvement and service, not to exceed five letters.
- Relevant published material (newspaper or magazine articles – internet hyperlinks, video/audio acceptable) or synopsis about the nominee, not to exceed five pages.
- One photograph of the nominated person (preferably digital)
The award shall be presented at the local VMA meeting and will be recognized in the California Veterinarian journal.
© 2019 California Veterinary Medical Association