June 19-20 and June 27-28, 2020
We are excited to bring...
California businesses with five or more employees must provide sexual harassment training to both supervisors and employees by January 1,...
The CVMA Guide to Cal/OSHA Compliance is the easiest and most efficient way for veterinary practices to comply with Cal/OSHA...
- Use of Telemedicine
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Goes Into Effect April 1
- Pacific Veterinary Conference 2020 - Register now!
- Download the CVMA Member App!
- Recent Updates Regarding VMB Licensing and Permit Delays
- The Lennox Intl Inc voluntarily recalls Nation Pig Ears
- California Veterinary Technician Examination (CVTE) No Longer Required
- Virulent Newcastle Disease Found in the Bay Area
- Cal/OSHA Form 300A Posting Requirement
- Sexual Harassment Training Requirement
- Controlled Substance Prescription Form Serial # Requirement, effective 1-1-2019
June 19-20 and June 27-28, 2020
We are excited to bring you the quality CE you’ve come to expect from PacVet without the risk of a public gathering. Join us online for select PacVet content brought to you through our fully interactive virtual conference – PacVet Live! Some of your favorite speakers who were scheduled to present at PacVet 2020 will share their presentations through engaging online seminars. Earn up to 21 CEUs over the course of four days. This virtual conference is open to veterinarians, practice managers, veterinary technicians, and veterinary staff. Read more about PacVet live at PacVet.net.... Continue Reading
With the CVMA mobile app, members can access instant legislative updates, CE offerings, regulatory information, and more! Download the app at the Apple and Google Play stores today and enjoy the convenience of having the CVMA right at your fingertips. Read more here....Continue Reading
On March 30, 2020 Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-39-20, authorizing the Director of the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) to waive any of the professional licensing requirements relating to healing arts licensees in Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code, and any accompanying regulations, which includes the veterinary profession. The Veterinary Medical Board (VMB) is working closely with the DCA to determine which licensing requirement waivers would allow individuals to continue assisting with the COVID-19 pandemic and allow licensees regulated by Board to maintain and renew a license and remain employed. In response, The DCA has issued the following:
- A temporary waiver for examinations and continuing education for licensees who are renewing licenses that expire between March 31, 2020 and June 30, 2020. Read the waiver here.
- A temporary waiver to past licensees who are reinstating a license to assist with the COVID-19 response in California. Read the waiver here.
California businesses with five or more employees must provide sexual harassment training to both supervisors and employees by January 1, 2021. For more information on the law, click here. Sign-up for an online training class...Continue Reading
View more information on this important topic by clicking on the links below.
- Cannabis and Industrial Hemp FAQ
- VMB Guidelines for Discussing Cannabis
- Update on Cannabis-derived and Cannabis-related Products
- DEA Position Statement on Marijuana
- DEA Position Statement on Hemp
- FDA Marijuana Q&A (see questions 19-23)
Effective January 1, 2019, California law requires veterinarians to provide drug consultation to clients. Click here for more information....Continue Reading
The CVMA Guide to Cal/OSHA Compliance is the easiest and most efficient way for veterinary practices to comply with Cal/OSHA regulations. It provides a written safety plan, helpful forms, training resources and more to assist your practice in meeting mandated requirements. This interactive step-by-step process includes the Injury & Illness Prevention Program, Emergency Action Plan, Fire Prevention Plan, Hazard Communication Program and more – all in one place! This annual subscription includes yearly reminders, important notifications and updates, and online access to the Guide. Cal/OHSA requires a written safety plan in every workplace. A Cal/OSHA inspector will ask to see your plan. Don’t leave yourself open to significant fines. CVMA members can subscribe in three ways:
- Order online by visiting the Products section of CVMA.net
- Download a PDF form for mailing, emailing, or faxing to 916.646.9156
- Call 800.655.2862
CVMA Online Seminars are convenient interactive presentations offering CEUs held online in real time. This learning platform allows you to participate from anywhere with internet access—from your practice, your home, on a business trip, or on vacation. Earn 1.5 CEUs! These seminars are open to veterinarians, veterinary technicians, hospital staff, and veterinary students only.
- To Extract or Not To Extract: Exodontics versus Endodontics - January 14 & 22, 2020
- Sexual Harassment Education and Training - February 4 & 12, 2020
- Introduction to Cannabinoid Medicine: What Veterinarians Need to Know - March 18 & 24 2020
- Judicious Use of Medically Important Antimicrobial Drugs - April 1 & 7, 2020
The CVMA-PAC is a bipartisan political action committee whose purpose is to educate state legislators and candidates on issues of importance to the veterinary profession. A strong CVMA-PAC allows the CVMA the opportunity to share our message with legislators, build relationships, and preserve the high quality of veterinary medicine. A financially strong PAC is a critical component to maintaining a strong and healthy profession. Learn more and find out how to contribute. ...Continue Reading
Want to do something that saves lives, feels good and helps your community? Then volunteer to help animals when disasters strike in California! Join the CAVMRC. The CAVMRC of the California Veterinary Medical Association is a Unit of the Medical Reserve Corps, a national program of the Office of the Surgeon General and Citizen Corps. The CAVMRC is guided by the CAVMRC Steering Committee of the California Veterinary Medical Association....Continue Reading